Nowadays, in the world of the internet, who is not aware of the applications and uses of Digital Signature Certificates or DSC or Digital Signature? Hardly or roughly, there will be only a few people. That’s why we are here for those people to tell them about multiple uses of the digital signature certificate. In the world of online professionalism, you have no idea how much important purposes are serving by this.
General uses of Digital Signature Certificate(DSC):
Here in this section, we will generally go through the main uses of the digital signature certificate. Then we will specifically discuss its uses according to different types of certificates because each class serves different purposes and people buy this according to the need for their work.
Now we do not want you to wait for more. Let us tell you about its general uses.
- The main function of DSC is to authenticate the details of the signer.
- Different government agencies use it. It is a statutory requirement in many applications.
- Digital signatures are used for goals of information security which can be explained in three terms;
- Help the organization and individuals in securing online transactions with legal validity as per the Indian IT Act, 2000.
- Conform to x.509 standard of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) in India wherein additionally, these are issued as per IVG and IOG guidelines issued by the office of Controller of Certifying Authorities(CA).
Uses of digital signature certificates according to their classes:
There are different types and classes of DSC; the information given below would help you to know about different uses of different classes of certificates.
There are three main classes of digital signature certificates.
- Class 1digital signature certificate
- Class 2 digital signature certificate
- Class 3 digital signature certificate
Uses of Class 1 Certificate:
PriceofDSCclass1 is not very high. It usually serves the below purposes:
- Assurance level for both business personnel and private individuals use.
- These certificates will confirm that the information in the application provided by the subscriber does not conflict with the information in well-recognized consumer databases.
Uses of Class 2 Certificate:
PriceofDSCclass2 is a little more than class 1. The main functions of this certificate are:
- Authenticate the details of the signer.
- It re-affirms the already mentioned data of the user.
- Used in various form-filling
- Online registration
- Email attestation
- Income Tax e-filing
- LLP registration
- GST application
- IE code registration
Uses of Class 3 Certificate:
It is more secure in comparison to class 2 certificate. This is the safest of all certificates. It is used in matters of huge safety and high security.
Apart from this, it is mainly used in
- online trading
- Patent and trademark e-filing
- MCA e-filing
- Customs e-filing
- The E-auction, etc.
Now, you can have the idea about the benefits of DSC. We hope if right now you are not a DSC holder, but after reading this you want to be that one.